This month was overwhelmed by git ready, a site devoted to share all kinds of
tips for git.
- git ready: daily tips for the noob to the guru
- branching and merging (git ready)
- zsh git status (git ready)
- visualizing your repo (git ready)
- My Git Workflow: Michael Ivey explains his choice of git, how he uses it and loves it.
- An Illustrated Guide to Git on Windows: Very complete instructions to use git on windows (with nice screenshots).
- Fine. Git is Awesome.: Justin M. Tulloss explains his switch from mercurial to git, advantages, disadvantages and comes to the conclusion that git is awesome.
- Github: Making Code More Social: Brady Forrest talks about github, and how it increased the activity of the Ruby on Rails project.
- Tracking an entire Windows system inside Git: Avery Pennarun explains his endeavor of tracking windows with git… “If I get a virus, I can ‘git revert’ it.”
- Ruby Swarms: Visualizing Rails & Git: Different visualizations of github activity and Ruby on Rails project with codeswarm.
- Setting up a new remote git repository: Pretty extensive explanation of how to setup a remote git repo.
- Agile git and the story branch pattern
- GIT 101: List of links to learn about git, from Xebia.
- Git and Rails: A detailed tutorial including plugins, submodules, development and production
- Commit Chat: A site to gather github conversations in one place.
- Sharing git repositories via OS X’s built-in web sharing
- cvsgit.png: A nice diagram showing the advantage of git merging compared to cvs.
- The Best Environment for Rails on Windows: Nice and extensive explanation to setup a Ruby on Rails development environment on Windows without an IDE: vim, ctags, console2, etc.
- Hack && Ship: Rein Henrichs explains his development process: hack & ship
- Craft the perfect gem with Jeweler @ Technical Pickles: Explanation of rubygems and how to automate the process of making releases of them with rake and other git-related automated procedures.
- Git Guide (SourceMage Wiki)
- 3 Reasons to Switch to Git from Subversion
- A Gaggle Of Git Tips
- Effectively Using Git With Subversion
- Show Git dirty state (and branch) in the prompt
- Perl Migrates To the Git Version Control System